Analyst Developer – SAS
Salary: R55 000 to R70 000 per month
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
My client, a JSE listed company with an international footprint, requires an Analyst Developer (SAS) to join their dynamic team.
- Works in the MIS development team, with specific emphasis on producing MIS Reports within the SDLC process.
- Translates the functional & technical specifications into executable code without errors. Finds effective software solutions to technical issues. Ensures that the application (SAS) performs the functions as required by business.
- Designs and implements the Technical Specification for MIS Reports using the relevant development language (SAS and related ETL tools).
- Designs and produces report source code by applying the company’s technical standards.
- Conducts interactive reviews with the Business Consultant and Technical Lead to ensure application of correct standards, alignment to architectural principles and validation & optimization of the technical design.
- Consults with Business Consultant, Project Manager, Technical Lead and Architect where applicable on technical issues encountered.
- Documents Database structure changes and rule changes.
- Produces or updates the configuration files.
- Conducts unit testing, and fixes any defects found.
- Reviews error logs and provides Business Consultant with updates on fixes found in testing.
- Consults and assists the Business Consultant in reviewing defects found in testing.
- During Test standby duties, handles any defects as raised in the testing process.
- Releases the source code with zero defects.
- Updates and publishes release notes related to the current system changes implemented, and notifies impacted parties.
- Maintains and updates the Technical Specification with any added content.
- Checks code in and out of development environment, and adjusts version control tables where appropriate.
- During go-live, performs live monitoring of the new system. If required, makes configuration settings/updates, version number changes, workflow and configuration table changes.
- If required, completes and updates the Emergency Go-Live form. During Go-Live Standby, reviews and handles any live issues (within the full SDLC process).
To apply, send cv and skills matrix to email@example.com with ref. SASAnalDev in the subject line.