Gallo Manor: Senior Oracle Developer
– Oracle (and Aries) Snr. Developer
o Develop new front end modules/scripts/procedures for Order Management System (OMS) – Aries/
o Analysing and solving complex application issues, incidents or queries.
o Developing, testing and delivering fixes for application issues or incidents in a timely manner.
o Working with IT BAs (and business partners when required) to understand business requests then propose possible solutions and system related information.
o Task definition and documentation for proposed solutions/changes/fixes.
o Provide feedback in projects on how new implementations or changes will impact the local/regional/global
o Architectural input to meet business requirements, mapping business knowledge to technology capability
o Work closely with the IT BAs, fellow Developers and other IT teams to hand over system knowledge
This will include documenting solutions/implementations/etc for the IT knowledge base.
o Making sure all production interfaces are stable and able to be monitored effectively by the IT Ops team.
o Standby duties/tasks and support after hours (rotated throughout the Development Team)
o Occasional extended working hours required for critical incidents or project deliverables and urgent
o Adherence, plus correct & timely administration, of Incidents and Change Request processes
o Expectation management with stakeholders, consistently done in a timely and proactive manner
o Adhering to company Internal Controls and/or IT Governance standards. Including bi-annual testing thereof.
o Peer reviewing of source code developed as well as unit-testing done by/with fellow developers before
o Agreeing implementation dates/deadlines with BAs, other Developers, Business and IT Management.
o Monitoring of implemented solutions during post-implementation period.
o Ensuring adherence to companies SDLC/CDP together with the Project Management team.
– University degree advantageous , Preferably in
5+ years of IT Development experience
– Knowledge of Aries OMS and how it interfaces to the
Oracle DB advantageous.
– Special skill: Excellent Oracle PL/SQL abilities,
Concorde XAL experience also advantageous.
– Experience and intimate knowledge of standard Project/
– Experience with AIX and LINUX operating systems.
– Understanding of business processes and
dependencies in the system , Information gathering,
mostly with the BAs.
– Demonstrated success of supporting, and interacting
with Sr. Management.
– Extensive understanding of the Oracle Data Model and
structure, as well as how it interacts with Aries OMS
and Business Processes.
Intimate understanding of IT processes and governance.
– Experience in IT within the Fast Moving Consumer
Goods sector advantageous.
Strong problem solving capabilities required.
– Ability to work as a team and individually on incidents,
changes and new projects.
Logical and creative thinking.
– Develop/Prepare options for IT solutions , provide pros/
cons arguments behind each option
– Developed solutions will impact SA market and possibly
Interaction with executives, fellow managers and IT +
business colleagues encouraged.
– Customer focused and result oriented.
– Regularly Interfaces with other developer colleagues,
BAs, Project Managers and users from the Business.
– Able to work well with colleagues and handle conflict
– Self motivated & results driven in the face of sizeable
– Must be unafraid to share new ideas and bring fresh
thinking to own/all IT teams.
To apply for this post, click here: