GetCertified IT Training launches internship partnerships with IT employers.
With the ever-prevailing IT skills shortage, one of the recognised problem areas is the barrier to entry of juniors into the job market (even degreed juniors) – due to their limited practical experience.
Arnold Graaff, CEO of GetCertified IT Training says: “We have always as a college, addressed this issue with success by encouraging students to get our competency certificate (for completing a practical project) after a course. Some employers, however have more specific requirements, so we have decided to partner with employers to customise the competency certificate, to suit every individual employer’s specific needs”.
Says Graaff: “With our integrated internship program, we extend this practical ability further by allowing employer interns to also work on their own employer assignments in between course modules.”
What is an integrated internship?
• GetCertified supplies the employer with (the employer can also supply) a talented junior (the admission criteria will determine to which course (6 or 12 modules) he is admitted. See http://www.getcertified.co.za/jobseekersdiplomaor http://getcertifiedtraining.wordpress.com .
• The employer / sponsor employs this student as an intern (salary or non-salary basis) agreeing to pay for his/her minimum training in exchange that he/she will work for the employer / sponsor afterwards (or pay back his training).
• The student attends his training modules with GetCertified and in between courses or afternoons, joins his sponsor’s team on their premises, to work on some of their low-priority projects assigned to him / her.
• The sponsor’s assignments can be used as additional practical assignments for the student’s competency score and he / she also gets assistance from Getcertified to complete these.
• Getcertified has regular meetings with the sponsor to assess the student’s competency and make adjustments / customisations to our training where possible.
• This has the result that the student not only gains a generic competency level, but also gains competence specific to the sponsor’s environment, thereby adding value to their team.
About GetCertified IT Training
GetCertified IT Training specialises in classroom-based, quality, practical IT training, aligned with the international certification syllabi. Areas covered are SQL database administration and -development. Software development programming courses covering all the mainstream languages used in Web and Application software development (PHP, Java and .NET) .