IT Systems Analyst – Midrand
- Job specification: Internal IT systems process analyst
The analyst position requires a combination of the qualities and skillsets. The successful candidate will be required to be knowledgeable in a wide range of software products and platforms that is in use to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for data analysis, design, training and implementation of solutions designed to maximize efficiency and productivity.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and energetic person who takes initiative and enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, work well in team environments and take extreme pride in their work.
- Role Description:
- Document and plan systems notes and descriptions for the various operating, financial and Information Technology cycles.
- Conduct risk assessments and risk management processes for the various operational, financial and Information Technology divisions.
- Conduct business analysis and research for prospective applications and systems to that can be implemented to improve efficiencies in the various divisions.
- Support on implementations and upgrades of the ERP system.
- Responsible for second level support of the ERP system.
- Evaluate and implement business process changes in consultation with the IT manager and business owners.
- Assure system operative continuity by offering support to users and business owners.
- Data migration, data validation and data cleansing, in coordination with business owners and external consultants.
- Look for continuous improvement and process efficiencies.
- Create reports of varied content to be consumed by different business areas.
- Responsible for ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Actively involved in the integration projects between varied systems.
- Skills Required:
- Sound knowledge in end to end business processes.
- Working knowledge in top ERP/CRM systems.
- Ability to understand and map business requirements.
- Good knowledge in MS SQL Server.
- Good knowledge in building SQL queries.
- Good knowledge in reporting tools like Crystal reports and SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Basic knowledge of Analysis Services (SSAS) will be a bonus
- Good knowledge in MS office tools.
- Personal Attributes:
- Excellent listening skills.
- Negotiation and priority management.
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Problem solver that seeks best solution.
- Team player – works well with others and is able to collaborate across functions.
- Positive, self-directed, and self-motivated attitude
- Communicates effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in computer science (preferred) or equivalent experience.
At least 3-5 years of relevant experience.