Pretoria: IT Data Architect – Enterprise Architect
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (What do you have to be able to do to achieve the desired results of your job? Include management and leadership responsibilities for work team leaders.)
- Lead responsibility for the design, delivery and maintenance of the data architecture model
- Ensure the integrity and appropriate integration of information across all key systems throughout the enterprise.
- Designs and creates data architectures and collaborates with peers to translate the architectures into logical and physical solutions
- Develops and maintains a Data Architecture Roadmap and project plan to guide architectural engineering and implementation efforts.Â
- Analyses and assesses the impact of production changes and new business requirements to the data architecture.
- Work with the members of the Enterprise Architecture team and key business & IT stakeholders to ensure that strategic data related goals and objectives are appropriately designed and delivered.
- Provide tactical and strategic project guidance for projects and initiatives where required.
- Ensures that appropriate data architecture is in place by performing the relevant assessments.Â Also participates in data architecture review and exceptions process.
- Model and design data structures at the conceptual, contextual and logical levels
- Design the data storage, retention and integration models for the organisation.
- Actively track industry trends, practices and standards in the information and data architecture domains and include these elements in data architectures where appropriate.
- Work with the integration solution architects and designers to design data integration solutions.
- Ensure that the database designs fulfil the requirements, including data volume, frequency needs, and long-term data growth.
- Assist in determining the cross-application data standards, data distribution standards, and tuning strategies.
- Work with the technical architects and solution architects to understand any data conversion requirements fully and to design conversion procedures and applications where required.
- Review the database deliverables throughout development to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and adherence to all quality management plans and standards.
- Ensure that the programmers and database administrators responsible for developing the database thoroughly understand the requirements and designs.
- Work with other architects to ensure that all components work together to meet objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements. Identify and communicate any cross-area or cross-release issues that may affect other areas of the project.
- Support the development and test teams with the creation of test data.
- Develop processes, monitoring practices and metrics to measure the effectiveness of data architecture activities and lead towards process maturity.
University Degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or, a relevant national diploma.
Minimum of 10+ years IT work experience in the data domain.
5+ years proven experience with data architecture disciplines, best practices and concepts.
5+ years proven experience with relational database systems, reporting, implementing advanced ETL tools and techniques
TOGAF v9 Certification an advantage
To apply for this position, click here: