Randburg: Network Administrator
Reports to the IT Manager and is responsible for all aspects of network administration including servers, desktop systems, communications hardware/software and office systems.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Network administration (including backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems including e-mail web server, internet access, office systems and applications support).
• Supports server, network and desktop hardware, software and applications.
• Performs technology needs analysis.
• Rolls out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
• Plans, implements, and supports the network and computing infrastructure plan.
• Manages small to medium sized projects according to agreed upon budgets and schedules.
• Assists with technology planning through ongoing research.
• Diploma or course in technology
• Two to Five years experience as a network administrator
• Demonstrated knowledge of Windows servers and desktop products.
• Demonstrated knowledge of setting up remote access for users.
• Demonstrated ability to support networked printers and photocopiers.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
• Ability to negotiate hardware/software service and technical support contracts with vendors.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
• Highly developed verbal and written communications.
• Windows Exchange 2007
• Manage a network team
Salary: Market related
• Knowledge and expertise of TCP/IP, IP subnetting, VLANs, Ethernet, routing and switching
• Knowledge and expertise of Microsoft server systems such as MS Server 2008, Exchange 2007/2010, AD and/or LDAP, SQL Server, SharePoint, SCCM
• Knowledge and expertise of SAN/NAS, backups
• Understanding of network topology and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers, Mobile/Cellular Technologies and VoIP)
• Experience with packet analyzers and root cause determination of IP and voice quality issues
• Knowledge and expertise of network and systems security
To apply for this job, click here: