Senior SCCM Support Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Support Engineer to be responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems
- Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems and Microsoft Exchange.
- Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyses feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the company.
- Responsible for daily backend administration of client facing line of business tools and systems including, but not limited to, MS Exchange, Lync, ADFS, Active Directory, and SharePoint.
- Lead engineer for administration of Microsoft OS, Exchange and Active Directory.
- Administration of SCCM responsible for service availability, server patching, application push, and package creation.
- Pilot and implementation of new technology and systems to optimize the end user experience.
- Partner with other teams and departments on projects, pilots, POCs, and system enhancements.
- While not a developer, this role is responsible for gathering, interpreting, estimating, and documenting requirements and participating in planning project activities.
- Operationalize repetitive tasks. Introduce automation wherever possible.
- Project resource for systems/network projects that require Systems engineering involvement
- Experience with full life cycle MS Dynamics implementations and upgrades.
- Experience building/imaging/configuring/testing/supporting Microsoft Server OS
- Experience dealing with inside and outside customers in a technical support role.
- Experience with server and desktop virtualization.
- Patch management applications including hands on experience with patch deployment.
- Ability to review data from multiple sources in order to provide analysis and appropriate action.
- Must have excellent phone and written skills and have the ability to translate a complex problem into a simpler language for the customer and vice versa.
- Microsoft Operating System certification (MCP or greater).
- Active Directory and MS Exchange systems and administration.
- A+, N+ and MCP / MCIPT
- Valid driver’s licence and own reliable transport.
- Must be able to work well in a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of staff and clients.
- Sense of urgency and desire to get the job done on time and according to highest standards.
- Able to function under pressure