Tanzania: Plant Contracts Administrator
Reporting to the Process Plant Project Manager we seek to appoint a Process Plant Contracts Administrator for the Process Plant Expansion Project at our Bulyanhulu gold mining operation. The incumbent will finalise the EPC contract and administer all contract related matters for the Bulyanhulu Process Plant Expansion Project through execution and closeout phases. The contract will be based on NEC3 contracting methodology. The relevant contracting and standards and procedures will be adhered to and corporate guidelines followed. The incumbent will manage the site contract meetings and keep the necessary project records on the designated ABG database.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Administers the commercial and administrative aspects of contracts issued and ensures proper implementation of contract provisions and closeout procedures.
- Interacts with the Project Manager for the contract administration requirements and the Contracts Team (JHB and DAR) on Purchase Orders, Service Requisitions and other related aspects
- Interacts with Supply Chain on Site with receiving and issue of Orders
- Executes overall management of documentation associated with construction contracts.
- Prepares and administers contract change orders (CCO). Assessing and responding to early warning and compensation events as required
- Maintains the contract cost report updated, including estimated futures costs.
- Administers monthly progress payments and ensures compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Advises the Project Manager on the interpretation and administration of the contractual and commercial obligations of the Contractors.
- Keeps a written record and an up-to-date filing system for all documents related to the contract. Monitors and controls contract correspondence, follows up and answers as required.
- Expedites reviews of contract documentation by appropriate personnel.
- Attends the weekly contract meetings and expedites commercial aspects of the contract.
- Assures the transfer of as-built drawings and technical documents from/to the Contractor.
- Coordinates the claims, analysis and negotiations.
- Executes and coordinates contract closeout as per project procedures
- Updating Livelink with documents control
- Updating Pronto with info required
- Create Service and Direct Purchase requisitions in Flowcentric
- Report writing out of Qlickview
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Professional status desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in contracts administration on mining projects larger than USD 100M, especially processing plants.
- EPC contract management experience is preferred.
- Expatriate experience in a developing country.
- NEC3 contracting methodology.
- Supply Chain experience from Service requisition creation to Receiving in Store
- General Supply Chain Experience